Monday, November 8, 2010

More Crazies

This is on a similar vein to my last post. Watch this:

(Or don't, and read on)...

These shoes kill me: Scalers -- sneakers with mini electronic sensors. All you have to do is stand still for a minute so that the shoes will tell you your weight. At any time during the day. Seriously? Because we're not weight obsessed enough as it is...

I decided to look at how expensive these bad boys are, so I ended up at their website:
PLEASE go look at it. There's a picture of a blonde in a bathing suit bottom with a t-shirt that says "Scalers shoes did this to me!" Ummm, did what to you? Put you on the beach in an ugly t shirt that makes you look like an idiot?

They market them to people who maybe are rushed after their workout and need to know how much they weigh. Or to athletes who need to know if they'll make weight (and that topic is a WHOLE different blog post in itself). Or to people who are too self conscious to get on a scale in a public place. Um, hi, so wearing the shoes with the readout right on them won't broadcast it to the rest of the room or something? Or point out the fact that you're insecure enough to need to know your weight at any given time? Maybe to just let the world know that your worth is based on an arbitrary number?

Okay, I'm getting a tad bit fired up. Before it gets out of hand, I think I'll just stop. Last thing...I don't want to forget to mention, they're ugly ugly ugly!

BOO! 2 THUMBS DOWN FOR SCALERS!

3 comments:

  1. I love scalers shoes and I have pre-ordered me 2 pair for me and my husband who is a Fitness Coach. The Concept is great and they make sense for those who need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you where sneakers and if you weight yourself after a workout then Scalers Shoes make perfect sense for anyone that follows this pattern for weightloss or staying fit. Lisa Hartman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the mispell, I meant to say if you "Wear" Sneakers and if you weight yourself after a workout then Scalers Shoes make perfect sense for anyone that follows this pattern for weightloss or staying fit. Lisa Hartman.

    ReplyDelete