Friday, October 29, 2010

On the agenda this weekend: sleepovers, jack-o-lanterns, lots of sugar, and an EPIC wedgie?

This weekend, instead of JUST snarfing large amounts of candy and carving pumpkins like every year, I am going to take part in the Runner's Choice Halloween Haunting! Sunday morning, I'll run (okay, jog) 10k along with hundreds of other (crazy) dressed up folks who are looking for some exercise and fresh air!
http://www.runnerschoice.on.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=12

There's still time to register if you're in London and there are 3k and 5k options so everyone can join in! The best costumes get prizes so you could be a winner if your costume's impressive enough! I am anticipating a FUN run but I am also anticipating that EPIC wedgie I mentioned in the title...here's my take on what's going to happen on Sunday: I'll be all suited up and ready to go. My foot's feeling much better so I'm ready to race this thing (but have an excuse if my time's less than stellar). I'm looking forward to seeing Tanya at the start line and trying to chase her down the whole time (she's amazing)! I'll be dressed in my finest (read: spandex from head to toe) and sporting my fuzzy running gloves and my cap. My nerves will be pumping, my heart rate monitor all fired up, and my muscles sufficiently loaded with glycogen from all of the Halloween candy I plan on consuming tomorrow (carbo loading is KEY, folks!). I'll start off with a FAST pace, ready to win the thing. But then...it will creep up slowly. Literally, as I run, my costume will become more and more of a pain in the butt...

I'm gonna leave it to you guys to guess what I'm going to be. Otherwise, you're just going to have to wait and see (Sunday's coming up quickly, don't worry)!




No comments:

Post a Comment